Your swimwear takes a beating – sun, sand, chlorine, salt, sunscreen lotions…. and it needs proper, tender loving care if it is going to look good all season long. Here are a few tips to help you make that happen:
- Have more than one swimsuit, and never wear the same suit two days in a row. Spandex is a memory fiber, so your suit needs time to dry naturally and remember its original shape.
- Thoroughly rinse your suit immediately after each use to remove the chlorine, salt, sand, skin and tanning lotions and other harmful things it has been exposed to.
- Do not wring your swimsuit of excess water. Wrap your suit in a towel, gently squeeze to remove water and then remove from wet towel.
- When you get home, promptly hand wash your swimsuit using tepid water and a mild or gentle soap. If you use hand soap, use one without moisturizers in it. Again, place in towel and squeeze excess water. DO NOT use a washing machine for your swimwear!
- DO NOT place your swimsuit in a clothing dryer. Shape to size and lay flat on a towel to dry. DO NOT hang it on a line to dry in the sun or shade. The weight of the water settling at the bottom of the suit will distort the shape.
As always, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to ask us.