Nashville’s Mayor Cooper has ordered, effective Monday, March 23, 2020, that all businesses that do not perform essential services to close for 14 days.
Laundromats, laundry and cleaning services, including those provided by Oakwood Cleaners are services deemed to be essential and may continue to provide service to our community.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are closely monitoring and following the guidelines and recommendations on personal hygiene and cleaning standards set in place by the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the National Cleaners Association (NCA).
We want to assure you that our cleaning processes are effective against viruses and our claim is backed by the CDC who advises that the dry clean process is effective on viruses. Our dry clean processes are above the temperature needed to inactivate viruses, which is 160-degree Fahrenheit according to the Would Health Organization. Additionally, our laundry processes meet the CDC’s guidance of hygienically clean as prescribed for health-care operations.
We have always maintained high standards for hygiene and sanitation and as an extra precaution we have increased the frequency of cleaning our stores, counter tops, delivery vehicles and other surfaces in all of our locations as precautionary measures. We will continue to monitor the situation, adjust our cleaning processes as needed, and update you on our proactive response plan accordingly.
Our concern for our customers and our employee’s safety has made it necessary to review and enhance our procedures and processes to reduce the spread of this virus.
We encourage all customers to use our home pickup and delivery service to reduce exposure and personal interaction.
Additional safety procedures
- 24 Hour isolation and quarantine for all incoming items prior to processing. This will most likely extend time it takes to process and return your items.
- 5 Day isolation and quarantine of all items know or reasonably suspected to have come into contact with COVID-19 infected persons.
- Sanitation of all Express Bags prior to returning to customer.
- Discontinue use of re-usable garment bags to reduce the likelihood of cross contamination.
- Reducing face to face contact and following the CDC’s 6-foot Close Contact rules as much as practical.
- Restricting customer access to our stores and recommending the use of our drive-thru window in Hermitage and calling (615.620.6095) for curbside service in Nashville.
Items Exposed to Infected Persons
We ask you to help protect others if you or your household has been diagnosed or likely infected with the COVID-19 virus, to separate items exposed and put them in a sealed plastic bag with a note attached to the outside stating “Oakwood – Exposed”. Also include a note inside the bag with your name, phone number, address and any special instructions.
We do not want to spread fear, but rather reassure you that we are here to make sure your clothing and household textiles are disinfected and sanitized.
Stay safe and stay positive!
Your Oakwood Family