You have your date, you have your dress and now it needs some alterations! Here are some important tips to follow when preparing to have your wedding gown altered.
- If possible allow 3 to 4 months from your wedding date for your alterations. It is normal to have 3 fittings, the third being the final to make sure your dress is a perfect fit.
- Always bring the shoes you will be wearing at your wedding and the undergarments you will be wearing that day. Your seamstress cannot be expected to fit your dress to your specifications without these in hand at every fitting.
- You must communicate. You are the only one that knows how you want your dress to fit. Never assume the seamtress can read your mind. Make sure that notes are taken so you are both on the same page.
- Vintage dresses can be a challenge but special. Again, let your seamstress know what you are thinking and you might want to count on an extra fitting.
- Wrong or no shoes, wrong under garments usually end up in a more costly bill at the end.